Greg gives guidance on managing oneself, based on a 2005 article by Peter Drucker. Hint: you probably don’t really know your strengths as well as you think you do. Also, does Jason ever watch a movie?
Jason explains why coaching is so valuable, whether one on one or in a group coaching situation.
Finally, Jason and Greg interview two members of the CloudSolutions Alliance: Kim Hogan from the Fujitsu ScanSnap Community and Marshal Kushniruk from Avalara. Learn the dirty little secret of document management and how Avalara can help CPAs add additional value to their customers.
Mentioned in the THRIVEcast:
- hRafi Mohammed, author of The 1% Windfall
- Wayne’s World
- Kim Hogan with Fujitsu Scansnap Community
- Marshal Kushniruk with Avalara
- Jason’s coaching article in CPA Practice Advisor
- Michael Jordan
- USC Gamecocks
- Managing Oneself, article by Peter Drucker
- Kolbe Assessments
- The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Thomas Watson, founder of IBM
- Fight Club
- Happy Gilmore
- Chariots of Fire
- Journal of Accountancy
- Pioneering the New Firm Coaching Course
- Jody Padar
- Ron Baker
- Joey Brannon
- CPA Practice Advisor’s 40 under 40
- Logan’s Run
- Chris Farmand
- AICPA Tech Practitioner’s Conference
- Speedtax Acquired by CCH
- CloudSolutions Alliance
- Scott McFarlane, CEO of Avalara
- Avalara Intergrations
- Hermain Cain, 9-9-9 tax plan
- Firm of the Future Symposium in Greenville, SC
Shane McMullin of Ninth Hour Productions
About our guest: Kim Hogan
Over eight years in the document imaging and workflow industry with exposure to enterprise, mid-market, and VSB accounting applications. Currently heading up West Coast Sales and Operations at XCM Solutions, providing enterprise workflow solutions to tax & accounting professionals. In 2010 Co-Founded the CloudSolutions Alliance, a collaborative effort including XCM Solutions, Avalara, SmartVault, FreshBooks, Shoeboxed, and Fujitsu, with the goal of educating accounting professionals on Cloud, document management, SaaS and paperless technologies to help firms of all sizes better serve their clients and be more competitive.
You must be logged in to post a comment.