In this episode, Jason Blumer and Greg Kyte discuss the common characteristics of entrepreneurs and share the results of some polling questions from Thriveal members. Then they interview John Warrillow about how to build a company you can one day sell.
Thank you to our sponsor, Intuit, for supporting the Thrivecast!
Mentioned in the Show
Become a Thriveal Member!
Monthly Live Chat with Jason Blumer
Thriveal Facebook Live videos
Deeper Weekend 2019 – save $150 with the code goproposal or profitablefirm
Thriveal’s New Coaching and Advisory Lab and Info Call
New 1-on-1 coaching program for Thriveal members
Thriveal Incubator – save $250 with the code strategic or email [email protected] for a payment plan
The Psychology of Entrepreneurship
Built to Sell by John Warrillow
The Value Builder System
Poll Results shared in the Episode:
How do YOU define entrepreneur?
– anyone running their own company – 12%
– anyone running their own company but also growing it 15%
– someone who has created something NEW in their company 12 %
– someone who would get fired working for anyone other than themselves 19%
– a risk taker who owns a business 42%
Which characteristic of entrepreneurship do you recognize most in yourself?
– A need for achievement 46%
– A tolerance for some ambiguity and uncertainty 36%
– A risk taking propensity 11%
– An internal locus of control 7%
Do you consider yourself an entrepreneur?
Yes – 97%
No – 3%
Audio Engineering by: Shane McMullin
Produced by: Jennifer Blumer