<<Sign up for the initial orientation webinar on the future of our industry at: http://thriveal.eventbrite.com/ to be held Friday, December 10th, 11 am, EST time>>

GREENVILLE, SC – November 5, 2010 – Jason M. Blumer, CPA, CFE, owner of Blumer & Associates, CPAs is pleased to announce the launch of the THRIVEal +CPA Network (THRIVEal)—a CPA/accountancy network and consultancy for young and younger-minded professionals who are ready to move into the world of firm ownership.

THRIVEal is geared toward the Gen X and Y demographic, comprised of members who understand and actively leverage the New Marketing, New Management, New Processes, and New Technology of today’s New Firm. Though focused on young profesionals, CPA’s and accountants of all ages who support a new way of doing business are encouraged to join.

The THRIVEal +CPA Network represents a global forum for professionals interested in the four fundamental tenets of today’s next-generation firms—Community, Collaboration, Technology, and Innovation. Sporting the tagline, “Cloud People,” network members focus heavily on the value of Cloud technology in streamlining workflow and implementing paperless, highly efficient processes firm wide.

As the accounting profession has changed, due to extreme technological enhancements and new workflow strategies, a gap has formed between older and younger professionals. This has made it difficult for the younger sect to experience a feeling of community, collaborate with other like-minded CPA’s, and engage in new innovations and Cloud technologies. And with higher fees required by most CPA alliances, like networks are typically unavailable to the small start-up firm. THRIVEal solves this issue.

“I have a vision for our industry—a direct result of working for too many years in a traditional firm,” stated Jason Blumer. “During my transactional firm days, I saw the need to serve the new generation of clients differently…with technology and innovations that had not yet been fully developed. There was a gap and I wanted to fill it. Years later, I’ve transformed my father’s practice into a New Firm, leveraging technology and innovative practices. As a result, I’ve experienced a 400% growth rate.”

Soon after launching his New Firm, Blumer also recognized the gap in the profession between old-school leaders and the younger and younger-minded generation of accountants. “I see the THRIVEal Network as a way to close this gap,” said Blumer. “I want it to be a hotbed of innovation and collaboration among a diverse group of members!”

The THRIVEal +CPA Network officially launched in November 2010. There is no initial cost to join. For more information on THRIVEal and it’s release, please sign up for the launch webinar to be held on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 11 am, Eastern time.  Those interested in changing the industry can register for this free live webinar here: http://thriveal.eventbrite.com/

###

Enhanced by Zemanta
  • On 11-05-2010 at 3:37 pm, chris said:

This is sweet

On 11-05-2010 at 3:47 pm, thriveal said:

Change is coming… (dang it)

• On 11-06-2010 at 1:22 am, Joe Arsenault said:

Awesome Jason.

On 11-06-2010 at 1:21 pm, thriveal said:

Thanks, Joe. Will be glad to have you on board.

• On 11-09-2010 at 11:00 am, Scott Miller said:

Goooooooooooo!

If you pull this off, Gen X / Y clients will flock to you. They are desperate for a new type of CPA relationship.

On 11-09-2010 at 11:09 am, thriveal said:

Thanks for that encouragement, Scott! It’s kind of happening on its own. Organically, the industry is demanding something more than what it gets from the owners of today’s firms. I would love to simply facilitate the change that is going to happen, ready or not!

• On 11-09-2010 at 11:27 am, Matt said:

I love this! Looking forward to the collaboration.

On 11-09-2010 at 11:31 am, thriveal said:

I’m looking forward to it, too, Matt. Who knows what we’ll all do together? Maybe create new firms? Maybe create an iPhone app? Maybe create new cloud-based consulting models? Maybe create a certification for CPAs involved in cloud-based systems integration? Maybe begin a movement to become truly virtual firms all over the world! The landscape is wide open before us. We’re going to freakin’ geek out together! Change is coming…

• On 11-09-2010 at 12:23 pm, Jonathan said:

Jason, this sounds incredible! I swear, you are the most forward thinking guy. I’m proud to be a member of the CPA profession with you. If there’s ever anything I can do to help you, let me know. It would be an honor.

• On 11-09-2010 at 10:14 pm, Tyler Wells said:

I’m not worthy! Sometimes it seems like this revolution is going on the the rest of the business world but CPA’s, and especially the CPA’s who work with entrepreneurs, just keep on plugging away at their grandaddy’s business model. Give us some light, brother. I’m tuned in.

On 11-09-2010 at 11:27 pm, thriveal said:

Tyler, you are a freakin’ trip. But you are right – we are doing what we were taught, which means to do things the way they were done in 1965. But no more! Change is coming… I’m glad to have you on board.

• On 11-10-2010 at 9:23 am, Earl Rudolfo said:

Great initiative, Jason. And thanks for bringing creative (out of the box) R-Brain Beancounters together. Looking forward to see how this develops and sharing your vision. Count me in.

• On 11-11-2010 at 4:30 pm, Michelle said:

What an awesome idea! Thank you Jason for putting this together. I’m bummed I won’t be able to attend orientation (any chance of it being recorded so I can watch it later?). I’m looking forward to future events and networking with this new generation of CPAs!

On 11-11-2010 at 5:29 pm, thriveal said:

It will be recorded and you can still join! The “sign up Member” page will be online right after the webinar is over! Glad to have you.

• On 11-22-2010 at 9:16 am, jeff said:

Cool stuff.

On 11-22-2010 at 10:37 am, thriveal said:

Thanks Jeff, excited to hook up with you!