A little bit about Kevin
The Short Version
I live in St. Charles, the first state capitol of Missouri, with my wife Stefanie, son (Adam), daughter (Stella) and chocolate lab (Scout). I watch way too many TED talks and much to the chagrin of Stefanie, read mostly non-fiction.
Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts? There really is no loser – I have to admit I cheat on both of them.
What I Believe:
- Small business is the engine that drives our economy.
- Small business owners are happiest and do their best work (i.e. WOW their customers) when they focus on what they love and find others to help them with the stuff they aren’t so good at.
- Numbers are fascinating – where else can someone look back and see what has happened in the past AND help customers look forward and plan for the future? (It’s also funny someone named a number that’s used to find the circumference of a circle after a circular dessert. What are the odds?)
- Billing by the hour stinks. My customers WILL know before I begin how much a project will cost. (Would you get your car repaired without first receiving an estimate?) If the scope of the project changes, those changes will be mutually agreed on up front. (I hate surprises as much as you do.)
- Being a CPA is about relationships, not a once a year transaction (you give me your tax documents – I give you a finished tax return). I work with like minded people that value my advice and have a conversation all year long. Your business doesn’t stop on March or April 15th, neither should the communication from your adviser.
- Using technology to automate boring tasks and eliminating paper whenever possible gives us more time for the fun stuff. (Yeah trees!)
Here’s my fancy website if you wanna know more or think you’d like to work with me.